Thursday 23 September 2010

Day 11 \ Strength training & the TRX...

Ok another day another bruising for the scrotum as they say! Cycled to Valsugana rugby club and back 35 mins and another 12km, plus 15mins flipping a tyre which helped me burn a total of 750kcal and i'd rate the session at about a 5.5

Ok next things next. Strength alongside appropriate monitoring is the foundation of athletic performance and anyone who says otherwise is a clown. And so it's going to be the foundation of my preparations for the Lapinarello. Now my prefered weapon of choice in these matters is an olympic bar and i shall come to the relevance of the triple extension to cycling in latter posts, unfortunately a bar some discs and a platform are difficult to come buy in my neck of the woods so my next selection is the TRX. Whole body movements, improved muscular coordination, metabolic improvements and core strength plus you can do killer sessions in 15-20mins and take the whole kaboodle with your carry on luggage. This is probably the best single piece of fitness equipment you can buy. I shall be posting my own workouts to Youtube but read this and have a go at the session.

http://community.fitnessanywhere.com/blog/2010/06/29/lance-levi-use-trx-to-prep-for-tour-de-france/

No comments:

Post a Comment