Friday 8 April 2011

Day 208\ First ride & now all set...

Right the bike finally rolled it's wheels in anger..... it was great. I rode to Teolo monday. On the steed this would take me 100 mins and my heart rate would be about 135bpm. On the new bike it took 87mins and my heart rate was around 125bpm. The climb was alot easier with the road gears and also as the bike weights about 5kgs less than the old it's understandable why it was easier and faster. Also more comfortable however my longer run to Rovolon on wednesday i was getting some pins and needles in my left foot again and aching in my back the back was probably more to do with the new position on the bike. Other issue is pressure on the palms of my hands so a new acquisition will be gloves.


interesting image for google search 'first ride'

The speedplay pedals hadn't arrived last week when the bike was being put together so i had to do the first two rides without. No bad thing in hindsight as i gave me an opportunity to get used to the bike without the added trauma of being locked into it. Today however they arrived and have been fitted along with the cleets to the shiny Sidi shoes and a computer to measure my cadence and speed. Another long run tomorrow and i can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment