Sunday 15 May 2011

Day 245\ Lots of new things.....

Right the last few weeks have been full of change and progress. On the training front i am edging towards  the 200km a week mark. I've manage 2 stints of 3 hrs, i only managed 70km on one but it was a slow ride just to spend time in the saddle. I've also been trying to get in 2 runs which include 2x20mins at threshold.


new things.....

Yesterday was pleasing as it was the first ride i've done where i actually felt i'd made progress. On the ride up the hill to Rovolon my HR was under threshold compared to when i did it for the first time a few weeks ago where it was coming out my mouth. Also on the second climb up to Castelnuovo my HR was much more controlled.

The bike has changed too. I was struggling getting my hands properly onto the brakes during descents so i took it back to the shop and they rotated the bars up slightly and the brake levers down a touch. This has made a huge difference as i can now brake during the descents........

Alongside this the shims for my Speedplay pedals arrived. After longer runs or hard climbs my left patella knee tendon would be sore and require icing because i was compensating on the LHS for a difference in leg length. Add to this my left ankle would play up from an old injury. To deal with the later i've tilted the shoes out 3 degrees using seperate shims. After yesterdays 66km these modifications seem to have done the trick nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment