Monday 23 May 2011

Day 253\ riding in a group, numbers, lots of stuff...

Last week saw a big jump in my total Km's. The reason for this is yesterday i went out cycling with a the S.C. Berma cycling club. I had been hoping to do a lazy 40km's having done a 600m climb to the top of the Monte Madonna on saturday. My hopes were quickly shattered as the group spend off into the mountains by which point my only hope of making it home was to stay with them......however 108km and 4hrs and 15mins later i had done it.


that was me that was....

Riding in a group for the first time was fairly mental, mainly because you don't know what you should and shouldn't be paying attention to. Also if you don't stay within about 20cm of the bike in front you get swallowed up and end up last. If you don't know the rules people get cross, which is fine because they are all weedy snack cyclists who couldn't punch their way out a wet paper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment